LBA Code of ConductUpdatedFriday September 23, 2016 byLBA Directors.
LBA Code of Conduct
I understand that I have a duty to conduct myself in a responsible manner with respect to other parents and spectators, players, coaches, umpires and league officials. Therefore, I agree to behave according to the following standards:
1. I will treat each individual (player, coach, umpire, parent, spectator, or league official) with respect and will exhibit exemplary conduct at all games and practices.
2. I will ensure that my child treats each individual with respect and exhibits exemplary conduct at all games and practices.
3. I will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct (such as booing or taunting; name calling; using abusive or profane language; or making obscene gestures) directed at any player, coach, umpire, parent, spectator or league official.
4. I will ensure that my child not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct directed at any player, coach, umpire, parent, spectator or league official.
5. I will not coach my child or any other player during a game or practice unless I am an official member of the team’s coaching staff.
6. I will not interfere at any time with the duties or responsibilities of any member of the coaching staff.
7. I will never yell at or ridicule my child or any other player for making a mistake during the course of a game.
8. I will speak with coaches about my child (or any other issues I may wish to discuss) only at a time mutually agreed upon with the coach and never just prior to, during, or just after a game.
9. I will respect the umpires and their authority during games. I understand that I will not always agree with their calls, but recognize that they are trying to do their best.
10. I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteer coaches and league officials who donate their time for my child’s benefit.
11. I will conduct myself in a positive manner while representing my child’s team and the Loveland Baseball Association.
12. I will remember that my child participates in baseball for his or her enjoyment, not mine.
13. I understand that the umpires who call the game are in charge and if I am asked to leave the game or complex, I will comply without argument.
14. Should a Field Director, Security Guard or League Official request that I leave the game or complex, I will comply without argument.
I have read and understand the above standards of conduct and agree to abide by them. I will accept any disciplinary action that results from my failure to do so. Should my player have any other siblings, relatives or friends attending a game, I will see to it that they abide by these standards and agree that both they and I will be subject to any disciplinary action resulting from their failure to do so. The penalty for violating any of these standards will be determined by the Loveland Baseball Association Board of Directors and may include prohibiting violators from attending one or more of the team’s games (including away games and tournament games).
I also understand that I am not entitled to any warning prior to whatever disciplinary action the Board decides upon. Should I fail to abide by the disciplinary action chosen by the Board, I understand that my child may be dismissed from the program.
Should anyone associated with an LBA player not agree with and abide by all terms contained herein, the player may be removed from the team.