COVID-19 LBA Update
UpdatedTuesday June 2, 2020 byJay Roup.
Along with the rest of the World, LBA is prepared to do what it takes to prevent a COVID-19 outbreak in the community. The State recently came out with guidelines scheduled to be implemented on June 4th. The guidelines can be found at the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TlXejV_rut-h2epW5Fv9RBzN1ZW_reJV/view
LBA has determined the following protocols will be implented to match the State guidelines (these may change if required by the state):
- All spectators and participants must practice social distancing and spread out
- Dugouts will be extended to allow social distancing inside the dugouts
- A waiver will be required to play
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to the teams for use before and after games
- No sunflower seeds or spitting
- No shared water or snacks
- No shared equipment. LBA will provide helmets and catchers equipment.
- Coaches will be required to keep a contact tracing log for each game, keeping track of all players in attendance.
- Players, fans, coaches and umpires are asked to not attend games or practice if they feel ill or have been in contact with anyone feeling ill or confirmed to have COVID-19.
- Masks to be used as feasible, not mandatory
The following changes have been made as of June 1:
- REGISTRATION HAS BEEN EXTENDED THROUGH JUNE 7. PLAYERS HAVE UNTIL THIS DATE TO REGISTER OR REQUEST A REFUND.
- TRYOUTS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED THIS YEAR. WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO BALANCE TEAMS BY AGE
- THE START OF THE SEASON WILL BE DELAYED UNTIL THE BEGINNING OF JULY AND WILL EXTEND INTO EARLY AUGUST
- COACHES ARE NEEDED
In the event the season is not able to be played, refunds will be issued. Some of the refunds are being sent via check and taking longer than normal. We continue to monitor the situation and will make updates to the season as we have information.
Please reach out if you have any questions. Directors@lovelandbaseball.org.